Our awards program encourages and recognizes outstanding individuals and organizations for their contributions within Nevada. It also serves to increase public awareness of the outstanding services provided by USGBC members, and to emphasize our members’ roles in shaping the community through green building and sustainability excellence. We have developed an application process for our members to provide input and share the successes within the Green Building Industry using this nomination form (DOC).
This year’s Southern Nevada event offers twelve Leadership Award nomination categories recognizing individuals and organizations for their contribution to the green building industry. These categories are described below. Nominations are due Friday, November 1, 2013. A similar event also takes place in Northern Nevada each year.
You must be a USGBC Nevada Chapter member to enter and must have one USGBC Nevada member as part of the team. You can nominate anyone, including yourself or your company, or a specific project.
Judging will be performed using a peer review process. Active USGBC Nevada Chapter committee members and board members will have the opportunity to judge the entries and nominations.
You can enter multiple categories but cannot be a previous award winner in the category submitted.
The first annual Green Gala is scheduled for Thursday, December 5, 2013 at the Nevada State Museum. All accepted entries will be displayed at the event, and award winners will be publicized on the chapter’s website as well as, in local, regional and national trade publications.
- November 1, 2013: Nomination Forms Due
- December 5, 2013: Winners Announced at the Green Gala
- Advocacy - Given to the individual or organization that has significantly contributed to advocating for sustainability in the built environment.
- LEED - Given to the individual or organization that has promoted or impacted LEED certification in the built environment.
- Education - Given to the individual or organization that has significantly contributed to sustainable education in Southern Nevada.
- Research - Given to the individual or organization who has significantly contributed to sustainable research in Southern Nevada.
- Community - Given to the individual or organization who has significantly contributed to encouraging sustainability in the community.
- Organizational Excellence - Given to the individual or organization that has shown organizational excellence in sustainability.
Nominate a Leader
Download the Leadership Award Nomination form (DOC).
For more information, please give us a call or send an email.